Saturday 19 November 2011

No mud today my lovers on the back

Paraphrasing a song to start with that probably ages me a bit.
Went out pottering in the Clwydian Range today with my beloved. She is affectionately know as the midget being of the short persuasion. Only weighing 7 and a bit stone does not upset the handling of the Tiger too much either.
Pottering involves finding a road that says "unsuitable for large vehicles" combined with a direction sign to a place with no vowels in it and riding round until the need for a cuppa raises it's head then setting sat-nav for Ponderosa ar some such place and following George's instructions. Is it just me who names their sat-nav or do others.
Looking through the photo's I find some pics from a previous potter around the Wirral, visiting some of my old haunts.
I can remember when this slipway led to a sandy beach, OK it was not the Copa- Cabana but a beach never the less. I also found what are marked up on Ordnance Survey maps as by-ways now closed off to protect the birds or seemingly to protect someones privacy. They do not block walkers cos they are a vociferous bunch but block trail riders and even horse riders in some cases.Rant rant.
 Beach what beach?
Midget had a very enjoyable time on the potter and wants to come again, hmmm!
Well the 6,000m service is due on the Tiger and what with the Xmas expenses coming up may have to leave that until the new year and swap over to the Sprint. Not as suitable for pottering as the Tiger as one has to give it some stick the get enough wind to lift some of the weight off my wrists, honestly officer! Plus it only has one seat at the mo to stop Midgets bashing me on the head when over 3 figures are reached.

Still in two minds whether to sell the Sprint but hate selling bikes and have regretted every one I have sold ever from the £30 Royal Enfield to the £2k Z9 I wish they were all still in my garage. Well mostly; I could possibly live without the Triumph Tina and Def the 900 Yam I thought was jinxed and ended up in the scrap yard with me in intensive care for a month. That would have needed room for about 15, not too much to ask is it?
Saturdays does not involve too much pottering, shopping to do, aged aunt to see, and various houshold chores to attend to followed by Pub.

No comments:

Post a Comment