Friday 25 November 2011

Hospital

Right chaps.
Off to the hospital this morning for a battery of tests to try and pin down this undiagnosed illness.
Lets start with Wednesday first. I went back to work after 11 days off sick. 1st class travel down to London was ok, the breakfast was good and the train was only 10 mins late. Get into the office after rushing from Euston to find no sign of my first meeting. It's been cancelled but nobody thought to tell me. Of to second meeting in Farringdon early for a bit of pre-meeting discussion. They've moved offices but no problem good directions and not too far from Station. First thing to spot outside station is a topless bar, drinks £10 no extra to pay, bogof deal on drinks, think we'll give that a miss at 11:30 on a wednesday. I have worked with the senior architect before, he is a nice chap with a 250 Trophy but the more junior bloke a bit arsey.
Came home Thurs; after a free lunch at work. We had a lunchtime session with the GLA waste people describing Boris's plan to deal with waste in the Greater London area, sandwiches delicious. Nice chat with a chap in the first class lounge over a beer or two, again, on train, complimentary food nice and free gin always welcome, train smack on time so got connection back to Meols and Midget there to meet me only slightly miffed coz she'd missed the end of masterchef. She likes my train to be late and tries to will a points problem at Crewe so she can see end of program, no thoughts for me stuck on the underground for an extra half hour.
By the state of me now I really think I have gone back to work too early and should still be off but it is hard to just stay off just because basiclly I am tired. Seems wrong for a person of my age with the work ethic I have, It may be better if I had a diagnosis and that is what this morning with the professor is all about.
Tomorrow's jobs are to sort out Trumpy's undiagnosed misfire, bit of shopping , aged aunt and then pub. Daughter coming over so that is bound to cost. Sadly there will probably be no time for pottering around North Wales taking photo's to show all and sundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment